**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One wing folded........ I'm a little different!
Unfolded wing has the gun bay open, one gun out.
Tow motor and tow bars.

I got paint and glue dryin right now. Am on here to keep me grubby paws offen it!

Very nice work N4521U(Your wife must have a heck of a time calling you for dinner). I've only added bits of wire to some of my models but watching true scratch builders always impresses me.

Geo

Not a lot of scratch in there, only bits here and there. A lot of cross work tho between different accessory kits. And them are all cut up. Thanks for lookin and comenting, hope it helps in your own builds #57. You gotta join in on one matey.

Got the gunbay fitted and painted. Wings dry fitted just to make sure I got it right. I noticed the back of the gunbay is open to the flaps, so I cut that part out. Ya git a lot done when you're home alone. Crackers and apricot jam, she would have a fit.

Attachments

• NASLVK 20a wings.jpg
    NASLVK 20a wings.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thanks...... I think someone is calling me for dinner...... nah, next door.

Working on the wing, fitting flaps and ailerons. I had to build up the wing at the aileron to keep the wing from collapsing, several layers of PVC strips. Filed them down to the correct thickness.

Wouldn't you know. The wing section flap has a tongue that fits right bl00dy where the gun bay is. Gonna hae to resolve this with a couple of plates at each en d. Will cojitate overnight on this. But it is all coming together..... This little hickup is nuttin!

Attachments

• NASLVK 21b wings.jpg
    NASLVK 21b wings.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
  • NASLVK 21c flaps.jpg
    NASLVK 21c flaps.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 56
  • NASLVK 21a wings.jpg
    NASLVK 21a wings.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 52
Thanks Vic.... When are you gonna get back on your cat?????

Been doing some detailing. Gun bay in and tabs to attach the wing are in place. The flat plate will have a hole for a tab in the flap to keep it in place. It will be inside the wing so will not show. Prop is painted, as well as the drop tank. Got all the trim tabs sorted and in place. Seat belts attached.

Got my bombs sorted, I thank you all for your offers..... And attachment method is decided.

Will install the instrument panel and firewall then button up the fuselage. Then I can start cleaning up the seams for painting. Since the wings will be attached I can paint them separatley and assemble them after. Makes life so much simpler.

Attachments

• USNASLVK22a.jpg
    USNASLVK22a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 50
  • USNASLVK22b.jpg
    USNASLVK22b.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52
  • USNASLVK22c.jpg
    USNASLVK22c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 52
  • USNASLVK22d.jpg
    USNASLVK22d.jpg