**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for that...........

I have attached all the interior now, painted all of the control surfaces, flaps and such that will not be Attached until final assembly.
This is a photo of most of the parts before I have done most of the painting and sticking the fuselage together. It's all going together rather nicely. I am realllly happy with the Tamiya AS-8 for color match, sprayablity and consistancy and do reccomend these colors when applicable to ones build. My LHS told me "they are not easy to get", but one phone call and I found them In Stock in Melbourn! So much for LHS help eh!

So now I can put the halves together and head for home plate.

Oops, sorry for the size, I am having to post from a second laptop without Corel to resize.......

Attachments

• NASLVK23.JPG
    NASLVK23.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 57
It has to be neat, ask my wife, she'll tell yah.... btw, I'm working on the end of the dining table!

This mornings offering is lights in the wing tips. I used clear spru, dilled a little hole bout a mm deep and filled with paint. Filed out the light area in the wingtip with a square file, tapering one side cuz it a 120 degree spread on the light. Glued that in place, dried over night and filed it down to shape this morning. Easy peasy.
I added the PE frame inside the canopy, this was Not all that easy, very fiddley. I masked and sprayed this morning, along with the windscreen. When I applied the canopy mask I had to cut a couple of splits in it to get it to conform to the front and back without puckering at the edges. I covered the gaps with a seperate strip of tape.

I keep finding little things. I sailor on.

Attachments

• NASLVK24b.jpg
    NASLVK24b.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • NASLVK24a.jpg
    NASLVK24a.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 52
  • NASLVK24c.jpg
    NASLVK24c.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 50
Thanks to all of you for your mahvelous comments. I'm headlong into this now.

Jaust a couple of tidd bits. The center wing section will go on tonight. I've painted the rockets last night and this morning. outer wing sections are painted. Cowling is painted. I've filled the seams of the fuselage. filled the void under and in front of the rudder, sanded them off and did final rudder fit.

And some photos to tease.
Next post will have the center section attached and hopefully the whole thing painted.

Attachments

• NASLVK25d.jpg
    NASLVK25d.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 57
  • NASLVK25c.jpg
    NASLVK25c.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 52
  • NASLVK25b.jpg
    NASLVK25b.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 58
  • NASLVK25a.jpg
    NASLVK25a.jpg