**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• g439903.jpg
    g439903.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
Brooks, yes I do need the decal makers link..... that would be great. goodonya.....

Parsi, I hope so..... I used Tamiyas paint, but to tell you the truth, I have darkened it from the bottle color.... I am under the impression All US aircraft used the same interior color.

Wayne, thanks for that. It just seemed like it waas right for this plane somehow. It seems to lend itself to the detail. I can't seem to stop.....

Just a couple more pics.

Attachments

• NASLVK27d.jpg
    NASLVK27d.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 85
  • NASLVK27c.jpg
    NASLVK27c.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 93
  • NASLVK27b.jpg
    NASLVK27b.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 102
  • NASLVK27a.jpg
    NASLVK27a.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 74
Thanks guys.

It's finally on legs. Flaps, ailerons and rudder fitted and attached. Just elevators to go.

I wanted more realistic underside formation lights. So I used the handle from tooth brushes, red and green. Drilled a 1.5 hole and trimmed and filed rounds. Put a dot of silver on the ned to go into the hole and used white glue to hold the green one in. red one is done, now I have to find an orange tooth brush for the third hole.

Won't be adding anything else, unless I do the white light on the tail. LOL
Just the gun bay doors left to do.

And the decals. Will contact one of the above Brooksy. Cheers for the help.

Attachments

• NASLVK28b.jpg
    NASLVK28b.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
  • NASLVK28a.jpg
    NASLVK28a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 75
The color in the pit looks bang-on to me. I have found a vast variance in shades of U.S. zinc chromate. Generally, the navy looks more yellowish and the air corps more green, but as always, there are exceptions.
Good choice on the blue too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back