**** DONE: F4U-1D Corsair USNASLVK - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Loaf..... The blue is right out of the Tamiya spray can, AS-8 exact match blue. And I am as happy as a clam over the paint. It's an acrylic lacquer and is soooo thin. No line filling, but the surface has to be almost polished or it will show sanding marks.

BTW, I lived in Livermore for a little more than 27 years 1970-1997. Used to hang out at Raydanna's in Livermore. Worked at Kaiser CFT then my own sign shop for over 16 years there. Small world mate.

Well........Wrong bl00dy thread.............

Merlin is the one I wanted!

Last edited:
I got my "bumbs" today and have gone after one with a vengance.
Made two saw cuts, spaced as the drop tank, suerglued a piece of PVC in each slot.
Next post I will have trimmed them, tapered the sides and paint. Mabe installed as well.

I've sent off a request to one of the decal makers. I am thinking I will have to have them screen printed as they are going over the blue and I want them opaque. My boss knows of an old timer who has a screen printing setup and if all fails I may contact him and get his thoughts. I have found out they are printed with lacquer ink and clear lacquer over coat.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• IMGP2930.JPG
    IMGP2930.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 73
Thanks Loaf..... The blue is right out of the Tamiya spray can, AS-8 exact match blue. And I am as happy as a clam over the paint. It's an acrylic lacquer and is soooo thin. No line filling, but the surface has to be almost polished or it will show sanding marks.

BTW, I lived in Livermore for a little more than 27 years 1970-1997. Used to hang out at Raydanna's in Livermore. Worked at Kaiser CFT then my own sign shop for over 16 years there. Small world mate.
I was an owner/operator for the Global Van Lines agent in Livermore for about 5 years late 80's to early '91. There was a seedy little bar that had three pool tables near the famous firestation, can't recall the name...met my 2nd wife there.

I was an owner/operator for the Global Van Lines agent in Livermore for about 5 years late 80's to early '91. There was a seedy little bar that had three pool tables near the famous firestation, can't recall the name...met my 2nd wife there.

I do remember that one, only went in once I believe. On the corner near the flag pole? Raydanna's was on second street around the corner. Wasn't much in Livermore in those days. You should see it now! Learned to fly at LVK in '91. Lettered Merlin's Magic at LVK. Used to prostitute myself for rides doing names on planes.

BTW, am painting the "bumb", and redid the drop tank, filler cap in the wrong place.
No answer about decals yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back