**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Glenn, glad you're like me and cover the whole model just in case.
Believe it or not I still got some yellow overspray on the top of the wingtips! It came off with a wipe with a thinner dampened paper towel thankfully.

Today I've been brushing on coats of Future and will possibly start the decals tonight. If I get any on I'll post some pics tonight.

Last edited:
Glenn just read back thru your thread and you're really doing this build justice . I did the great wall kit a while back and the mask that came with it was'nt all that great,looking forward to seeing the finished bird.

Finished the decals, except a few that will go on after the winter white camo. Still need to seal them with Future and will do that tomorrow or the next day to give them a chance to dry properly.

P8075380.JPG
P8075381.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Guys.
Been experimenting with the winter camo on an old typhoon model. The wiping with thinner didn't go so well. I hope using sandpaper works better. I'll post pictures of the results after I try the sandpaper
Wow! and now don't you just to pull off those mask? :D
Still quite a while before the window masks come off.
First the winter camo,
then a couple more decals,
then seal with Future,
then a dark wash,
then Dullcote,
then the pastels,
then more Dullcoat.
THEN, the masks come off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back