**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A little more progress. Finished painting the tail wheel.

P8165405.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :D
Moving along little by little on the fiddly bits.
Picture 1 shows a before and after of the horrible flash clean up I had to do on the finned spinner caps.
Picture 2 shows my progress on the main landing gear. Still a long way to go there.

P8205457.JPG
P8205459.JPG

Last edited:
Latest Update:

The first picture shows the completed landing gear, ready to install when the time comes.

The second picture shows the latest, and I hope the last problem with this limited run kit. The two parts with the arrows are the spinners that receive the props, shown from the back. The one with the blue arrow in Ok with just a little flash. The one with the red arrow is the problem. Completely filled in!! Something went very wrong with the molding possess here, and it looks like I am going to have to hollow out the inside with a drill and a rat-tail needle file.

I am really starting to feel the pressure of the approaching deadline!

P8225461.JPG
P8225462.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not - I know there's no way I'll be in on time! :)

Fantastic work Glenn, and if you and Gerry are close to the mark, could the judges please delay the deadline enough for them to be completed correctly? Be a shame to see a last minute rush curb some otherwise perfect work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back