**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The winter camouflage tests are finished and the winner is White enamel over Future, then off with 1200 grit wet sanding. The test model is an old 1/72nd scale Airfix Typhoon I had laying around.

Picture 1) First attempt. I tried rubbing off the white with a small bit of paper towel dampened in thinner. I really thought this would work, but I did not like the results at all.

Pictures 2-4) Taking some of the white off with sandpaper as Andy (Crimea River)suggested. I used wet 1200 grit sand paper and the results were great.

Now to spray the white on the Fw 189 after masking off the decals with post-it notes, I will probably use a dark wash after another coat of Future, but not before I try it out on the Typhoon first.

P8105391.JPG
P8105392.JPG
P8105393.JPG
P8105394.JPG

Last edited:
I masked over the window frame areas with a combination of Tamiya tape and blue painters tape, and over the decals and heavy wear areas on the wing roots with post-it notes, then sprayed it with Model Master white enamel. Next comes the wet sanding to take the white off.

P8105395.JPG
P8105396.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Vic, Wayne. I'm going to start on it right after I have a cup of coffee. I'm starting to like working the second shift, but it's only for a few more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back