**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've moved my building to the kitchen table temporarily because the thermometer on the back porch next to my workbench said 97F today! The lighting there is not as good for pics so please forgive the quality.

First four pics show the joints I was dealing with that I mentioned in post #140. After playing with the parts for a while, I decided that it would work out best if I joined the tail booms first.

I had only intended to clean up the joints between the wing and the pod and then maybe start filing and fitting the boom joints, but was carried away and ended up gluing them on, as well as the horizontal stabilizer. It went much better than I thought it would, but then I had been expecting a total nightmare! I guess it pays to be pessimistic sometimes. :rolleyes:

P7215337.JPG
P7215339.JPG
P7215341.JPG
P7215342.JPG
P7215343.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice work there Glenn. Any twin-boom model can be a real pain to align properly - I found this out again when I last built a P38, with hours of adjustment, check, adjustment, to get it all right.

Thanks guys. Been doing a lot of filling, filing and sanding on the boom and tail joints and am now ready to attempt to put on the wings. Here's some shots of the finished joints.

P7235344.JPG
P7235345.JPG
P7235346.JPG
P7235347.JPG
P7235348.JPG
P7235349.JPG

Last edited:
Still working, and put the wings on tonight. After filing the correct angle on the mating surfaces with a big file the fit was very good and will only need very minor cleanup.
That's the first time I've said that during this build! :lol:

P7245350.JPG
P7245351.JPG

Last edited:
Please find attached some more images of Werke Nr.2100:

Fw189 1.jpg
screen-capture.png
screen-capture 3.png
screen-capture 4.png
screen-capture-1.png
screen-capture-2.png

Sources:
Focke-Wulf Fw-189 by Pavel and Bernad, Denes and Androvic, Stefan Kucera (MBI)
FOCKE-WULF Fw189 UHU, RECOVERY AND RESTORATION OF WERKE Nr 2100. by Jim Pearce (Laser Graphics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back