**** DONE: Fw 189 A1 v7+1H - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Todays work:

Picture 1. The finished gun minus barrel which will be mounted outside the canopy after painting (thanks to everyone for the help on the chute)

Picture 2. Other bits that fit inside the canopy. Right to left, sun curtain, gun sight, and control column.

Pictures 3 4. The inside of the canopy with the last of the "bits" installed.

Picture 5. Last look of the cockpit with control column installed.

Picture 6. First canopy section glued on along with two small windows at the rear. There are still 3 pieces left plus the tail cone. I'm taking my time with this, adding only one piece at a time as this strikes me as the place where one small slip will wreck the whole build. So far the fit is pretty good.

Its finally starting to look like a Uhu!

P7165319.JPG
P7165317.JPG
P7165316.JPG
P7165315.JPG
P7165321.JPG
P7165314.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks David. It seems I've gotten my motivation back. I stayed up and put on another piece of the canopy and started work on the rear gun mount. Should have all the glass except the tail cone on my tomorrow morning and I'll post pics then. I haven't decided weather I should put on the tail cone before or after the main airframe assembly and painting, or after.

Thanks guys. I managed to finish installing the canopy today. The rear sections were more difficult than I had expected being over-sized and had to be trimmed down with a file. The rear section of the gun was put on it's mount, painted and installed (sorry about the fuzzy pic, I didn't realize it was out of focus until I had the tail cone on). The barrel will go on later. I decided to put on the tail cone too and now will wait a few days for the glue to cure, before working on smoothing out canopy joints.

P7175323.JPG
P7175326.JPG
P7175325.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back