**** DONE: GB-36 1/32 Me262A-1a - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I started out building 1:48 scale but soon desired more challenge and mainly more detail in my models. So switched to 1:32 which i have just started back up after a long lay off.
I built a lot of Revell but after discovering the likes of Tamiya, Eduard, Hobbyboss and Pacific coast models i felt their kits to be of much better quality. I have to admit i dont think i have built any Trumpeter. What's your impression of them? If you dont mind me asking....

Can't live without plasticard worlds best gap filer use more and more these days.Looks the Goods Wayne ;)

Thanks Guys.

so far I rate this Kit at about 6 out of 10, lots of great detail and opened up probably lift it to 8 out of 10 but when you close stuff up things don't line up the same.

The engine nacelles also require their fair share of work to get things lined up and fit right.....doing that now....

New update....

Ok when I started the Engines....they have quite a number of parts to be lined up which will create a real nice engine assembly....however they will be closed up nacelles saving me plenty of time.
First problem...got all the parts aligned and glued together and the locating pins don't line up so the nacelles don't fit together properly. decided to separate the middle section and only use the relevant front and back sections. the first pics will show part of that simple process and then assembly was straight forward and the assemblies went together without a hitch.
At this point after glue was set I added spacers in the nacelles to get a good tight fit to the wings as this wasn't to my liking either...
Next up the nose sections of the nacelles, these also required multiple dry fits and scraping and sanding to finally get the parts aligned to my satisfaction and sit flush with the main nacelles......still more to fix though.....
33_Engine Assembly_0056.jpg
34_Engine Components_0057.jpg
35_Engine Mod_0059.jpg
36_Engine assembly_0060.jpg
37_Engine Assy_0065.jpg
38_Engine Assy_0064.jpg
39_Engine Assy_0066.jpg

Frustration continues. I wonder why they recessed the step covers so much. They should be flush.

Plasticard will soon fix that...:D

Nice adaptions Wayne. Though I haven't used stretch sprue as a filler yet they certainly look to be the better option in some cases

Stretched Sprue , I think is the best filler of all you're simply putting the same plastic back in place to work with, but you have to work it right and wait till it's completely dry....so takes a bit more time to deal with it, than superglue and accelerator...

Taking copious notes on this one as I will be dealing with the same in the near future. I'm sure you noticed this but... there seems to be a touch of misalignment on the last photo. The second to the last photo looks better, alignment-wise.

Frustration continues. I wonder why they recessed the step covers so much. They should be flush.View attachment 477921

All good now mate......nothing some thin plasticard can't fix....

Taking copious notes on this one as I will be dealing with the same in the near future. I'm sure you noticed this but... there seems to be a touch of misalignment on the last photo. The second to the last photo looks better, alignment-wise.

Not sure I had the nacelle glued in that pic John, but sits pretty good on both nacelles now....:

Weights are added to the forward wing section and nacelles....and prepped the horizontal stabs too.
44_Steps filled_0093.jpg
45_Step Filled_0091.jpg
40_Weights_0069.jpg
41_Weights-Wings_0070.jpg
42_Horizontal Stabs_0072.jpg
43_Horizontal Stabs_0074.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back