**** DONE: GB-36 1/32 Me262A-1a - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice Wayne. Pain about the slats, does the kit have them in the deployed position?

You can have them open or closed being separate parts.

Done a bit more....as this is a closed up bird no time necessary on cannon bays, so both nose panels have been fitted in place after plenty of shaving and sanding of edges to get the best fit possible, actually better suited to being open than closed......the main problem this provides me with is a gap right up front on the nose cone.....note, if you open the cannon bay doors you can move the other panel forward and close the gap, problem solved.
At this point I have removed the nose cone so it can then be reattached flush, as you can see it does not match up.
26_Nose Covers_0025.jpg
27_Nose problem_0027.jpg
28_Nose cone removal_0030.jpg

Nice solution to the gun cowling fit. I'm paying even MORE attention now that this Trumpeter 262 kit will be a future build for me.

You can have them open or closed being separate parts.

Done a bit more....as this is a closed up bird no time necessary on cannon bays, so both nose panels have been fitted in place after plenty of shaving and sanding of edges to get the best fit possible, actually better suited to being open than closed......the main problem this provides me with is a gap right up front on the nose cone.....note, if you open the cannon bay doors you can move the other panel forward and close the gap, problem solved.
At this point I have removed the nose cone so it can then be reattached flush, as you can see it does not match up.
View attachment 477035 View attachment 477036 View attachment 477037

Im sure you already know this, but put plenty of weight in the nose or engine nacelles whichever you prefer. These 262's can be notorious for ending up as tail draggers and its a pain in the butt to try and fix after the parts are assembled. Happy modelling

Thanks Guys. Weights, if necessary will go in the Engine Nacelles.

More progress, first 2 pics show some mould/join lines that need to be removed, next shows the nose cone added back on with a plasticard spacer to help with alignment angles.
Next 2 pics show work done on centre join line and panel lines where there are bigger gaps. These being filled with stretched sprue sections rather than the usual super glue option. The stretched sprue gives a better result i think....
The last shot shows 2 additional plasticard strips added to the top of the gun bay panels as there was a gap either top or bottom to deal with. I decided it would be neater and less obvious putting the strips in the top and lining up the sides at the bottom to get better matching panel lines.

29_Mould Line_0033.jpg
29_Mould Line_0035.jpg
30_Nose cone Re-fitted_0040.jpg
31_Lower Nose_0041.jpg
31_Lower surface work_0050.jpg
32_Upper nose section_0052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back