**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf 109C - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As memo serves the kind of marking didn't appear until the late Bf 109s. So it wouldn't be correct.
Thanks, Wurger, for that clarification. I thought that spiral design was unique to the BF-109 series, but didn't know the time frame. Hansie

No problemo. Additionally the spiral was aslo used for Fw 190, Ju-87 and can be found on He 111 for instance.

I've been finding it hard to get motivated to finish this one but finally sat down and got some work done this morning.
The wheels have been finished and I assembled the main landing gear, made up copper wire break lines and installed them. I'll be waiting the rest of the day for the glue to get good and hard before putting on the wheels. I also plan the put the aileron mass balances and radio mast so they have a chance to set before I rig the antenna wire hopefully tomorrow.

P1012571.JPG

I finished it up tonight but it will be a few days before I can get the final shots

The flaps and antenna
P1012573.JPG

The prop and wheels on
P1012575.JPG

One of the navigation lights made from stretched clear sprue held near a flame until it beads up. I got this idea from I believe Andy, but I could not find the post. Please correct me if I am wrong.
P1012574.JPG

Some pictures of the finished model. Hope you guys like it.
P1012576.JPG
P1012579.JPG
P1012580.JPG

Thanks Guys

Very good looking bird Glen. Yeah, I did those nav lights on my FW190-5 in this GB.
I just knew it was you Andy but I was looking in your 109 thread, and then tried to find it in some of your older 109 threads. I guess the mind's starting to slip a bit, I need to start a file with links to threads with ideas like that.

Back in the day, there used to be a list of your "likes" that book marked the threads that you put a "like" on. That was a very useful feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back