**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf 109C - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've gotten very inconsistent results with the hairspray method and now reserve it for certain uses. Mostly when I want bigger chipping patterns. Sponging sounds like a very good alternative. For small chipping areas, you can also try silver pencil.

Here's sponge chipping on my Corsair prop Glenn to give you an idea of the results. This was 1/32 scale but you can easily modulate the results by the fineness of the sponge and heavier or lighter application. It can then be augmented by pencil chipping if desired. By contrast, the chipping on the wings is hairspray which you can see gives a bigger chipping pattern.

nose close up web.jpg

Put on the few stencils and gave it another coat of Future yesterday but not really anything worth taking pictures of. I hope put together the prop assembly tonight and maybe start the weathering.

Took a little longer than I thought it would (been to cold to work out at my work bench)
The prop assembly is finished. I decided to go with the the salt chipping method since I had already painted the prop silver. I'm very happy with the result.
P1012560.JPG
P1012561.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back