**** DONE: GB-40 1/48 Petlyakov Pe-2 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice......
what do you use to cement the glass in?
I have so much trouble with heavy glues......

Making a point of having a good pulse in that perfect masking Andy.
I am anxious to see the beginning of your bird's coloring.

Me encanta el trabajo limpio.
Saludos :thumbup:

Well, left my camera at work, so no pics....been struggling with the right colours....and getting my matches right, have done the lower surface Blue...twice...as first coat seemed not quite right, added more white to lighten the colour and a bit happier...I think.
Next colour i am also wondering about as there seems to be some variation here as well to contend with.
Clearly at this point i'm not going to be done by Sunday...

As i said the Lower surface Blue is done and today i started the first of the upper surface colours, the Lt Greyish Brown. couple of touch up points to deal with after putting on the brown and some how the top rear fuselage seam has split open about 30mm must have stressed it somehow. anyway reglued it and fix it over the weekend.

126_Lower Surface Blue_2508.jpg
127_Lower Surface Blue_2510.jpg
129_Upper Lt Greyish Brown_2511.jpg
130_Upper Lt Greyish Brown_2515.jpg

Base colors are ready, Wayne, ... you're about to get into some stages where you start to see that she really was always alive!

Muy bien hecho hasta ahora :thumbup:

Thanks..!

Ok, think iv'e got the few issues resolved, the main one being the rear fuselage spine, will recoat it tomorrow. In the mean time i did the spinners and white wing stripes, seeing as though i need to redo the brown anyway....i can mask the white and paint over the top.

131_Spinners_3615.jpg

132_ID strips_3614.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back