**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 Mitsibishi G4M1 Model 11 - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This will be the last bit I get done before I leave for Peru on Friday. I sprayed around the area of all the fuselage windows and then installed them. This will allow me to mask them off easier when it comes time to paint the aircraft. I figured while I had the black in the gun I would do the entire anti glare portion of the nose. I will touch it up after assembly and when I am doing the anti glare panels on the inside portion of the engine cowls.

The Tamiya paint out of the jar is just a bit darker than the pre painted clear pieces so I will mix in just a tiny bit of white to lighten it just a bit when it is time to paint the entire upper surface. The difference is noticeable in the photos if you look closely enough. The canopy will now be put back into its plastic storage bag until it is time to install same. It fits quite nicely and I do not think it will require any putty at all.

Catch you all later and play nice while I am away.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Looks great. Beats the hell out if masking but paint matching is the down side I guess.

Safe travels Jeff.

Progress....finally.

The horizontal and vertical tail pieces have a separate spar that needs to be glued into place. It has been glued to the port side and the fuselage has been taped together to ensure alignment. The tail wheel housing is nearly complete with the tailwheel put into place. I have set it into the fuselage and taken a photo up the backside to show what it will look like.
Some smaller pieces ie: machine guns, interior landing gear doors etc have been painted. The backside of the props have been painted black but I have yet to do the front side which will be silver. Hopefully I can get back at her over the weekend. It is supposed to get cold here again so the sap will stop running which will put maple syrup production on hold.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back