**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 Mitsibishi G4M1 Model 11 - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She is on her feet and standing tall. Landing gear has been dry fit and I will get around to gluing them in sometime this weekend but I thought I would give you a sneak peak. Disregard the askew canopy. It has not been glued into place yet and I simply forgot to put in place for the photos.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

More progress to show. A splash of colour has been added.

View attachment 539817View attachment 539818View attachment 539819View attachment 539820

Still a few things to do including touching up engine nacelles so the paint lines line up better. Too much green right now but an easy fix.

Cheers,

Jeff

Looks fantastic!

If you dont mind me asking: I see you glossed only the areas where you had to put decals. I've always thought about this myself, as it would save time/material, but I was afraid it might make two slightly different colored areas when I layed the full cost down. Never had the courage to try it out. So I've always glossed to entire airframe.

But glossing only the areas needed leaves no problems?

Looks fantastic!

If you dont mind me asking: I see you glossed only the areas where you had to put decals. I've always thought about this myself, as it would save time/material, but I was afraid it might make two slightly different colored areas when I layed the full cost down. Never had the courage to try it out. So I've always glossed to entire airframe.

But glossing only the areas needed leaves no problems?
I will give the entire airframe a coat of Future eventually to seal in the decals and give an even finish before a spray of dullcoat.

Cheers,

Jeff

I will give the entire airframe a coat of Future eventually to seal in the decals and give an even finish before a spray of dullcoat.

Cheers,

Jeff
Well thank you sir for the tip! It makes sense, now that I've thought about it. Gloss only the parts being declared, then gloss the entire airframe to seal it all afterwards. Use a 1/3rd less gloss coat for the project, and save time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back