**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 Mitsibishi G4M1 Model 11 - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are really doing a very fine job Jeff.
It is very pleasant to enjoy the sequence that you show us.
We hope to see soon that the syrup maple returned to the production process.

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Hey everyone. I found some time today to make it to the bench and make some progress.

The waist guns are installed, the tail wheel assembly and bulkhead are glued into place, the wings have been joined and the landing gear doors and landing gear bay have been assembled.

I am waiting to ensure all is properly cured before I join the fuselage sections, always a test of patience on larger aircraft.

The tail halves have also been glued together but I forgot to take a shot of same.

Flat glass panel from bombardier compartment has been glued into one half of the fuselage and I anticipate it being a tad finicky when it comes time to join the fuselage.

The wheels have been painted and are awaiting assembly. No further work on props or engines since last time at the bench.

Sorry for the slow progress on this build but lots going on here at home. The bathroom renovation continues, we have been doggy sitting for the last two weeks and of course maple syrup production continues. Total syrup to date is about 5.5 liters which means approximately 220 liters of sap have been collected and 215 liters or so has been boiled off. The effort is worth it as the syrup of course is delicious and as ever, bad for a diabetic like myself.

On to the pics.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

The fuselage halves have been joined together and the vertical tail glued into place. The flaps for the wings have been attached in the drooped position.

For the photos the wings have been set into place but not yet glued.

I have also been working away on the engine nacelles and they halves have been joined but I get the feeling through dry fitting that they are going to be little buggers to get into place. I have walked away for a bit as they were really starting to frustrate me.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

That is it for now. I may go back downstairs later and have another go at the joining of the nacelles to the wings.

Cheers,

Jeff

Give them a good talking to Jeff, command them to fit !
Between church, brunch with Mother Superior and a family Easter get together I had a chance to speak to the starboard side of things and we came to an agreement with the nacelle eventually settling into place. Thanks for the advice. Her left side cousin is the one I was having real difficulty with but that talk will have to wait for another day.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back