**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Fieseler Fi156 Storch - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Prop finished. The light is brutal here so I may shoot a thin coat of clear in it.

19081801.jpg

Thanks guys.

Final shots follow with a small description of the finishing touches.

There are a small flap actuator wires which, in the molding, stop short on the wing itself so I added a continuation with stretches sprue painted in steel.

19082007.jpg

More dust effects were added using the same mix that I used to make the main wheels look weathered. A very thin mix of dusty colours was sprayed on in successive layers in areas where the prop wash would have kicked up the clouds of sand and dust so you can see the effects on the tailplane an lower fuselage.

19082008.jpg

Same treatment on the underside. You can clearly see the effect when looking at the letter L.

19082010.jpg

Various shots from the front showing the dust application on the wheels and lower struts. Note also the exhaust stains added to the struts where they are in the slipstream of the stub ends.

19082009.jpg
19082013.jpg
19082014.jpg
19082015.jpg

Starboard nav light and pPitot tube:

19082017.jpg
19082018.jpg

Hey, Andy,
Damn, I just went back to find this thread and read it all the way through now that you finished the kit. Amazing work. And, yeah, you must have been smoking something to zero in on that paint job. But, stunning work. I guess I need to dig mine kit out sometime this year. But, you left me dizzy with the quality of the build. And my eyes are still a bit wonky looking at that paint job.

Last edited:
WOW ! Killer job, the paint work is stunning, right down to the stains around the fuel tanks ! Worth the wait to see that completed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back