**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking real nice George
Back in post 40 you mentioned having trouble filling long surfaces straight. I've found using a fine cut 10" steel file keeps everything straight

Many thanks. Added to the list Glenn. Painted the innards Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit Green. Note that the fuel tank cover has been sprayed as well as this forms the forward part of the sidewall by the IP. Others had problems with the IP/bulkhead fitting here and ground down the IP, the cover or both. A quick dry fit of just the bulkhead shows no problems yet

1558893196507.png

I'll let this dry and then start detail painting

Looks like you've got things sorted out pretty good George

Looking real nice George
Back in post 40 you mentioned having trouble filling long surfaces straight. I've found using a fine cut 10" steel file keeps everything straight

Also UMM-USA makes Aluminum Hand Sanding Bars that you can get as a set or single if you prefer to use sand paper, I have one and it works good.

Thanks. That was one of the first things I looked at Andy having modified two already. A test fit of the innards. I had to file down the tabs on the I.P. bulkhead and widen out the slots a bit, a few minutes work. The rear bulkhead needs a bit of filing but nothing major. Ignore the gap in the floor, its just the loose fit of everything and joins up nice. Painting and adding straps to the rudder pedals. The frame that holds these and the joys stick are perhaps the worst fit to the sides. Nothing major but the openings in the sidewalls are too small. I test fit this before paint was added so it wasn't a surprise.

750.jpg

IMG_0004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back