**** DONE: GB-43 1/32 A6M5 Zero - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys.

Ok the green is all done now, final bit over the fabric surfaces to get an ever so slight difference in the green shade as the Metal and fabric surfaces use a different base paint, Masked and painted the Data Panel area and the remaining masks are off too. Plus the Spinner/Prop is done too.
Ready to Gloss.....

72_Full green applied_3821.jpg
73_Fuselage Data Block_3824.jpg
74_Fuselage panel_3827.jpg
74_Paint done Masks off_3833.jpg
76_Paint Done Masks off_3834.jpg
76_Prop & Spinnner painted_3830.jpg

Thanks Guys,

Gloss done and decals started.....

Not happy with the "Dark" Green surround to the Hinomaru on upper wings and fuselage....looks like i will have to hand paint them darker......
77_Gloss Coat Applied_3839.jpg
78_Gloss Coat Applied_3840.jpg
79_Gloss Coat Applied_3843.jpg
80_First Decals_3845.jpg
81_First Decals on_3849.jpg
82_first Decals on_3852.jpg

Nice !
I wish I could find a gloss clear coat that gives that finish. I'm using the relatively new Humbrol acrylic gloss, which is OK, but on some colours, it needs multiple coats to achieve an even, full gloss finish.

Wayne, is there actually a green ring round the Hinomaru or is it the carrier film causing the discoloration ?
looks great though

Karl, yes there is a Green ring and a small carrier film edge too, looked darker on the decal sheet but on the model was way lighter than I expected.
That is all fixed now with a steady hand and eye coordination, brush painted all 4 upper surface borders with a Dark green.
Also have done the panel line work on the lower wing area too.
Thanks for looking in Guys.
88_Hinomaru Border_3890.jpg
89_Hinomaru Border_3893.jpg
90_Hinomaru Borders_3894.jpg
91_Lower Panel Lines_3898.jpg
92_Lower Panel Lines_3899.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back