**** DONE: GB-43 1/32 A6M5 Zero - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

done the lower Panel line work, then tried a pale whitish Brown/sand colour pastel for the upper surface being that the dusty airfields of Rabaul would reflect this.

Then I ran some gloss over it and it basically disolved and disappeared as i suspected it would....so will do this part after the first Matt coat is done....anyway all the decals are now sealed for that next stage....

Karl, yes there is a Green ring and a small carrier film edge too, looked darker on the decal sheet but on the model was way lighter than I expected.
That is all fixed now with a steady hand and eye coordination, brush painted all 4 upper surface borders with a Dark green.
Also have done the panel line work on the lower wing area too.
Thanks for looking in Guys.
View attachment 556212View attachment 556213View attachment 556214View attachment 556215View attachment 556216
looks fantastic

First Flat coat has been applied.....the repainted Dark Green borders on the Hinomaru markings now look right!

93_Flat Coat_3904.jpg
94_Flat Coat_3906.jpg
95_Flat coat_3910.jpg

Thanks Guys, second Flat coat applied to the upper surface. Retouched the silver chipping and started on adding the light dust to portions of the panel lines to the upper wings again...the fluoro light really dulls the Red on the wings......
96_Wing Weathering_3911.jpg
97_Wing weathering_3914.jpg
98_Wing Weathering_3917.jpg
99_Wing weathering_3919.jpg

Tis a thing of beauty, I really like the subtly of the chipping and weathering so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back