**** DONE GB-51 1/48 F9F-8B Cougar - No Propellers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys........ we do what we have to do.......... speaking of which!!!!!!
Arrrrrrrrrgh.
Don'tcha hate it when This happens!!!!!!!
Just fitting the wheel in and BOOM
GB-51-F9F-8_41.jpg
So I have a good assortment of styrene rod, 1mm.
Drill a Short hole, 2-3mm deep is all, both parts, glue into one.
Trim the rod to fit the others hole depth.
GB-51-F9F-8_42.jpg
A drop of glue, shove it into the other part,
and Bob's your uncle!!! The pin will strengthen the fix!
Just like repairing my Femur!
GB-51-F9F-8_43.jpg

Nice fix but I would have preferred something metal like a pin or wire rod superglued in place. A styrene rod isn't the strongest I usually use a brass rod either 0.7mm or 1.2mm thick.
Done it that way too. But the pin is just there to locate more than anything. Works both ways. However my doctor told me my leg will never Break again, just bend to 90°. 😳😳

Last edited:
Great work Bill.
I hadn't realized that Kittyhawk kits were such cr@p. I have the Banshee and Starfighter in my stash and almost pulled the F-94 out for this group build. As for the Banshee, I have a half built Testors (ex Hawk I think) on the zombie shelf. It may be better to finish that one.
:lol:

Great work Bill.
I hadn't realized that Kittyhawk kits were such cr@p. I have the Banshee and Starfighter in my stash and almost pulled the F-94 out for this group build. As for the Banshee, I have a half built Testors (ex Hawk I think) on the zombie shelf. It may be better to finish that one.
:lol:
Perhaps it's the builder!
I dunno.

I planned on doing Two for GB51,2nd would be an F35-B from VMFA-211. Same squadron as my Wake Island Davidson last aircraft to defend the island. But......... have I been taken for a ride, still is no t here. Bought in £'s, shipped from China? Hope not.

Chipping away at the Cougar. Last decals are on. Had to use individual numbers for serial on the tail. Gear and last pieces going on!!!!!!

I planned on doing Two for GB51,2nd would be an F35-B from VMFA-211. Same squadron as my Wake Island Davidson last aircraft to defend the island. But......... have I been taken for a ride, still is no t here. Bought in £'s, shipped from China? Hope not.

Chipping away at the Cougar. Last decals are on. Had to use individual numbers for serial on the tail. Gear and last pieces going on!!!!!!
If it comes from china chances are it has been delayed. One of the most major port was closed from covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back