**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-17F - Heavy Hitters IV

Thank you- I tend to prime in white, so that helps with the yellow. What I actually meant above, though, is that I've seen a reference to leaving the underside in US NG, rather than the German yellow often used on captured aircraft.

I'll be attempting to figure that out over the weekend, and painting the insides before gluing the fuselage halves together. That means a new picture Monday or Tuesday.
 
A wee bit of progress- the interior is assembled, painted and the fuselage sides are glued together. I have also put a plug in the position where the belly turret would have been, as this was not repaired and re-installed in Wulfe-Hound / DL+XC by the Germans. The wings have also been assembled and under-coated.

Next up, filling the seams, smoothing them out, and attaching the wings and tail bits. In between that, I'll probably add the rmaining windows to the fuselage.

She's progressing slowly but surely!

PXL_20211220_150732289.jpg
 
A bit more assembly- the wings are just pushed in, but the tail is glued on. Next up- masking the glazed areas, then I can begin the mammoth task of painting.
PXL_20211222_115709602.jpg
 
Looking Good Olaf
 
So I managed to finish masking the windows, and have even undercoated this beast in white.

Tomorrow's task is spraying the underside yellow!
PXL_20220224_182750314.jpg
 
That turned out well.
 
Nice work so far!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back