**** DONE: GB-52 1:48 Boeing B-29 - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good. For small brushed red bits, I still have a bottle of Testors Gloss Enamel that you can get almost anywhere. Also good for nav lights. Needed to give it a stir the other day but still good.

Thanks guys. Test fitting the innards showed a problem but I was expecting it. It ended up being the two small locating tabs on the fuselage. Snip, snip and all good. Also sprayed a mix I found for Dull Dark green or Bronze Green, depending which build/book reference one uses.

This is the colour I was shooting for, the quilted areas

How to shoot this behemoth....

I still need to paint some details and then I can close it up. Two domes, rear gunners windows and two fuselage windows also need to be added. Its odd that two domes and the gunners windows are added before the halves are joined and after the halves are joined you can add two more domes and a third gunners window.....odd

Yup, that was an oddity about the kit and when I put the fuse together the windows kept popping out! Another oddity is the astrodome on the forward fuselage above the tunnel between the crew compartments has no access through the tunnel. To get a star fix the navigator crawled into the tunnel, but in the model, the astrodome opens into the bomb bay above the tunnel...

Details...

It looks so good once its finished though. I like your interior, George.

Playing around in between periods and waiting for clear parts coated with Future. Some other builds mention fit issues with the cockpit and nose clear parts. The fuselage being somewhat too narrow. Dry fitting the fuselage together, I found I could get a good fit with the cockpit clear parts but I would be left with this on the bottom.

On a whim, I held up the nose clear part. Keep in mind its just a loose fit but not to shabby

Not committing glue yet but once the inner windows have cured and been glued into place, I'll start gluing the fuselage together, starting with the top seam. I'll then start gluing the bottom seam together in steps and keep test fitting the clear parts. If all goes well, I just need plastic strip to fill the gap at the bottom

Last edited:
A little behind the times, but is your airbrush working properly again?
Sadly no. Still experiencing paint around the trigger. This last time I spent about 15 minutes using a small round brush going back and forth through the stripped down AB. I would scrub it about 5-6 times and hold it up to the light and see nothing. In the past, before I started painting, I would run a few drops of water through the AB and it would spray perfect. Once I add thinned paint and hit the trigger, nothing comes out. To get it to spray I have to open and close the AB, increase air pressure and then work the trigger back and forth. After about five minutes, I get spraying as if nothing had happened. Right now I've got the AB stripped down and will started painting later today.....I hope

Either you use the needle for the another nozzle or one of the needle gaskets is damaged. Also it can be that the seal lost its properies or just is dirty. Don't you need to use some of force for the trigger moving? I mean, doesn't it jam?

No force needed, the trigger moves freely. I have changed the needle and nozzle around for the next session. I used both a while ago and may have inadvertently mixed them up

Users who are viewing this thread