**** DONE: GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.I - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Redundant post, if you will. I pasted this in Vic's GB62 build to show the 'protector' that I used for the fragile tail bit. As noted also, the truck in the background is a bonus in my kit.

Mk.I dark earth.jpg

CONTEST***

Guess how many hours have been used to create the camo pattern so far??? Hint: I you guess less than 5 then you need to resubmit. Still have the port side to do, so that should not take very long :dead2:

Previous build camo patterns were 'close enough' and took much less time. But trying to be 'accurate' is a bit more time consuming!!! I believe, if I'm going to do many more of these 'Spits', I'll invest in a set of pre-mades and use them as templates.

A question on a detail. The recessed area behind the canopy., is it to be considered interior or exterior when applying paint? The fancy color instructions from Tamiya leaves out the 'step' area in their illustration and so it's not so obvious. Right now I'm considering it exterior. Also 'estimating' transitions from top view 2D image and side view 2D.

Also, I'm amazed at the durability of the Vallejo paint (over Vallejo primer). So much handling and very little, if any, damage to coat....

Mk.I camo phase 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back