Done Me262A-1a ‘White 2’ ErprobungsKommando 262 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys.....glued the rear fuselage together today and added some small reinforcing strips just to be sure....haven't finished the nose 'inserts' yet so didn't glue this area yet.

The couple of re-inforcing strips....

Attachments

• Fuselage Reinforcing_3661.JPG
    Fuselage Reinforcing_3661.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Fuselage Reinforcing_3665.JPG
    Fuselage Reinforcing_3665.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 85
Is that a potentially weak joint on the fuselage Wayne? I've noticed a few recent(ish) kits seem to be lacking the old-fashioned 'locating pins' in fairly large areas.

Is that a potentially weak joint on the fuselage Wayne? I've noticed a few recent(ish) kits seem to be lacking the old-fashioned 'locating pins' in fairly large areas.

Well....I just thought the lower broader surface had the potential of a bit of flex and being a butt joint could crack...probably won't but I thought the reinforcing wouldn't hurt just to be sure...and the upper fuselage...just got a bit carried away...:rolleyes:

Well....I just thought the lower broader surface had the potential of a bit of flex and being a butt joint could crack...probably won't but I thought the reinforcing wouldn't hurt just to be sure...and the upper fuselage...just got a bit carried away...:rolleyes:

In a issue of Fine Scale Modeller, there was an article on how old mate reinforces his models. Compared to this bloke Wayne, I don't think you went too overboard :lol:

Great progress so far!

Thanks guys!

The re-inforcing...It's more about the handling, sanding and rescribing of some of the panel lines during the construction work than anything else but once done it covers all possibilities....:D

Ok, time to get some more progress shots up.....been..er...working on a 1/72 Ta152 and D-9 as well....side-tracked again....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Cockpit  Instrument Panel_3616.JPG
    Cockpit Instrument Panel_3616.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Cockpit  Instrument Panel_3639.JPG
    Cockpit Instrument Panel_3639.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Cockpit  Instrument Panel_3641.JPG
    Cockpit Instrument Panel_3641.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back