Me262A-1 "Red 13" of Heinz Bar Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Red 13 Update:

Sorry, no pictures!

I have been busy the past two day doing the prepainting. And I am beginning to think that the light at the end of this tunnel isn't an on coming train!

The cockpit painting is about done. Later I will future the key areas of the instrument panel for decaling. I will future and decal the seat belts and give the same treatment to four spots in the gun bay. Once all this is done. I can really start glueing!

I did "custom" mix a color for the exhaust end of the jets. Well, I am happy with the color.

And to A4K, thanks on the work bench!

Bill G.

I understand about the need for pictures. I have only glued 6 pieces into 3 so far. I could take pictures of the painted pieces on the sprue. Is that what you would like?

I am still learning this group build stuff.

Bill G.

No problem Bill. Any pics you feel happy with, when you can, that show some of the stages of construction and painting up to the finished model.
There are questions/queries popping up from all, as this is the first Group Build, and the organisation, and 'rules', such as they are, are still somewhat basic. No doubt for the next, and subsequent builds, we'll get things a little tidier and clearer, in order that all concerned know exactly what's required etc.
Terry.

I understand about the need for pictures. I have only glued 6 pieces into 3 so far. I could take pictures of the painted pieces on the sprue. Is that what you would like?

I am still learning this group build stuff.

Bill G.

We'll be patient a little while longer then!:D

I have been working more today on the 109. So I had something to take pictures of. I did to a touch of work on the this 262 though. So while I had the camera out....

I glued two parts on the bottom on the wing. I gave the canopy parts a bath in Future Floor Wax. I also brushed Future on the seat, parts on the instrument panel, and a bulk head to the gun bay. The next thing will be to apply the decals.

I have included pictures of the wings. I will take more pictures once I have the cockpit together.

Bill G.

Attachments

• 262-20.jpg
    262-20.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 262-21.jpg
    262-21.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 87
I got the decals on the instrument panel, seat and gun bay bulkhead. I am waiting for them to dry. I started to assemble the cockpit. So far the fit is excellent!!!! I expect that from Tamiya.

I can see a few minor touch ups with the RLM66 in the cockpit tub.

I'll take pictures once the cockpit tub is done.

Bill G.

I got busy yesterday and got "glue" on my fingers!

I have finished the cockpit tub assembly, step 1. I am very happy with the fit of this kit!!! The decals for the instrument panel are super. After I flat coated the panel, I thinned some micro clear and put a "touch" on each gadge. This is to simulate the glass lens.

Step 2 is done. I have the lower 30mm cannons in place. Next in step 3 are the two upper 30mm. I should be getting busy on this soon.

As soon as I finish step 3, I will post more pictures. If there is any view of either part, let me know. I will try to get a picture up for you.

Bill G.

Attachments

• 262-34.jpg
    262-34.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 262-33.jpg
    262-33.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 262-32.jpg
    262-32.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 262-31.jpg