Fw 190A-8 'Heinz Bär' Kdr ll/JG26, Apr 1944 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Alright heres my FW 190.

Washed the parts tonight, all look pretty good quality wise, no obvious sink marks.

Good detail, the kit isn't as old as some Academy's offerings and seems to be a lot better than say their 1/72 wildcat which is one of their older ones.

The kübelwagen looks fun too, alot of parts for its size actually.

Looking foward to getting stuck into it.

One query about the underneath engine cowling, was this yellow? I've seen a few profiles of Bär's 190 and its not noted on my instructions.

I'm very much a novice on the luftwaffe so all help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Attachments

• heinzbargroupbuild.jpg
    heinzbargroupbuild.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Groupbuild1.jpg
    Groupbuild1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 266
The kit it is the same kit which was offered by Academy with number 2120.They added the kubelwagen only and included a new decal set.

One query about the underneath engine cowling, was this yellow? I've seen a few profiles of Bär's 190 and its not noted on my instructions.

I'm very much a novice on the luftwaffe so all help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

I believe it is yellow, there are a number of A-8's including Baer's aircraft that show the yellow lower cowling for the early 1944 time period.

......and the rudder is white.

So far today just painted the interior and landing gear wells. Cockpit needs another coat before I start detailing it.

Cheers.

Heres some shots. Needs another coat I think. I was trying to paint as thinly as possible, didn't want to obscure any detail :lol:

Attachments

• fw190build.jpg
    fw190build.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 177
  • fw190build3.jpg
    fw190build3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 156
  • fw190build4.jpg
    fw190build4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 172
Man, that cockpit tub is tiny! I can just about remember when I used to do 1/72nd scale, and add detail. No way could I do it now!
Hats off to you mate, it's looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back