Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She should come out looking real nice Chris.Man we got some guys in here doing some nice work.Cheers Kevin

Got my decals today! The EE decals come with the side crosses with the correct colour inside of them, so I'm going to re-spray some of the Lichtblau, so we'll see when I can do that.

Here it is in all its glory, or lack thereof:

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

So here's my explanation of this model. Basically, it was a train wreck, and just was one problem after another. First, the paint didn't want to go on properly and I went through the equivalent of a bottle of Lichtblau. Then, I tried to paint the fuselage crosses, and those looked awful. Then, I tried to put the decals on, and touched them, and kablamo, one died. Then I ordered the EE decals, painted over the awful crosses, and knocked the corner of one of the crosses off when I was holding it, coughed, and knocked it with my knuckle. I managed to patch it up pretty well, but you can still tell on close inspection that I nailed it. And, on top of all of that, as some of you know, EE ships the black and white portions of the markings (numbers, chevrons, NOT crosses), as separate decals, which is fine. But one of the black ||> decals warped a little bit so it looks off. Basically, it's nowhere near class 2 quality, and looks barely decent. I also ended up with little bits of bleeding all along the camo lines.

EDIT: Thanks Terry! Posts criss-crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back