Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build

Looks good Cory, once u get those new decals she should spring back to life...
 
Thanks guys!
 
Looking good Cory!
 
She should come out looking real nice Chris.Man we got some guys in here doing some nice work.Cheers Kevin
 
Got my decals today! The EE decals come with the side crosses with the correct colour inside of them, so I'm going to re-spray some of the Lichtblau, so we'll see when I can do that.
 
Good stuff mate, looking forward to the pics!
 
Here it is in all its glory, or lack thereof:

DSCN0672.jpg


DSCN0673.jpg


DSCN0674.jpg


DSCN0675.jpg


DSCN0676.jpg


DSCN0677.jpg
 
So here's my explanation of this model. Basically, it was a train wreck, and just was one problem after another. First, the paint didn't want to go on properly and I went through the equivalent of a bottle of Lichtblau. Then, I tried to paint the fuselage crosses, and those looked awful. Then, I tried to put the decals on, and touched them, and kablamo, one died. Then I ordered the EE decals, painted over the awful crosses, and knocked the corner of one of the crosses off when I was holding it, coughed, and knocked it with my knuckle. I managed to patch it up pretty well, but you can still tell on close inspection that I nailed it. And, on top of all of that, as some of you know, EE ships the black and white portions of the markings (numbers, chevrons, NOT crosses), as separate decals, which is fine. But one of the black ||> decals warped a little bit so it looks off. Basically, it's nowhere near class 2 quality, and looks barely decent. I also ended up with little bits of bleeding all along the camo lines.

EDIT: Thanks Terry! Posts criss-crossed.
 
looks great to me mate :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back