Done : Fw190D-9 14./JG 26, IV Gruppe of Oblt. Hans Dortenmann Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I will actually get it done in time, but I am by no means rushing it. I have a three day weekend, so if I do one colour per day, I'll be done painting on Saturday.

Posts crossed Wojtek. Thanks!

So, setback! I figured it was about time for one. I was clear coating it, left it on the floor of the furnace room and forgot about it. Father dearest walked in, and well you can picture the rest. Wing assembly popped off, ruined all of the putty work on it, and the little aerial on the tail busted (but it was still all taped up so it's in the tape somewhere, so it's not lost). So I had to put the wings back on, and re-fill all of that, so the coat of Lichtblau was of course ruined. Re-spraying it tonight. I'm really worried about one part that I can't tell if I got in well enough because there's tape in the area, protecting yellow, which I left on as I wanted to protect the yellow at all costs.

Rather like the real thing Cory! Focke Wulf had massive production problems around the time of the 'Dora', with many virtually completed airframes being damaged and even totally destroyed, and that was caused by tall father figures too. Well, they were tall in as much as they were at 25,000 feet, and more or less in charge of things!

I moved it up to on top of the freezer! :lol: Green and yellow on a white background should make it visible enough. I just glosscoted it, and will take pictures after it dries, before I start any decals.

Hopefully the bottom crosses look ok with the EE decals. The EE decals are quite a bit whiter than the Hasegawa ones, which I have to use as the EE didn't come with any full crosses to use on the bottom, only the outline ones. Same with the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back