Done : Fw190D-9 14./JG 26, IV Gruppe of Oblt. Hans Dortenmann Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a quick question. Which cross is correct for the undersides of the wings? Both Wayne and EE have them as the low-vis crosses, while that profile has the full ones. I'd be more inclined to think Wayne and EE are right, but I should just double check.

Just a quick question. Which cross is correct for the undersides of the wings? Both Wayne and EE have them as the low-vis crosses, while that profile has the full ones. I'd be more inclined to think Wayne and EE are right, but I should just double check.

Now...you know what? I actually think you should go with the Black and White lower wing crosses....bear in mind my Dora and the EE decals were done a while back....the NEW EE profiles NOW show the Black and White underwing crosses.

(Dora prototypes show Black and white crosses...the first few 210 XXX most likely had Black and white swasticas and fuselage crosses 210008 certainly did,so it stands to reason the lower wing crosses were also Black and white...by 210015 the fuselage cross was black outline only so maybe this then had black outline lower wing crosses too?)

Hello,
this time only photos and profiles from Jerry Crandall's 'The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Dora' Part 1.
Will write some more about this crate later - could you tell which scheme you want to use in your built - red 1, black 1 or yellow 1 ?
Regards,
Maciej

Attachments

• skanowanie0009_(1024_x_768).jpg
    skanowanie0009_(1024_x_768).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 257
  • skanowanie0010_(1024_x_768).jpg
    skanowanie0010_(1024_x_768).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 250
  • skanowanie0011_(1024_x_768).jpg
    skanowanie0011_(1024_x_768).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 240
  • skanowanie0012_(1024_x_768).jpg
    skanowanie0012_(1024_x_768).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 241
Thank you guys:)

Thanks Maciej! I plan on building Black 1.

OK, then I can write some more.
During February-March 1945, W.Nr. 210003 became 'black 1' (and Dortenmann the Staffelkapitän of 14./JG 26) and has been retrofitted with blown canopy, also the uppersurface camouflage was converted to RLM 82/83 scheme (from RLM 75/83), which probably obliterated most of the technical markings (you see most of them on Tullis' profile, but I don't think there was time to repaint them during the chaotic conditions of early '45). The plane got also a JG 26 black and white RV Band and a IV.Gruppe wave marking over it, which was handbrushed and rather crude. Undersurfaces were painted RLM 76, propeller blades - RLM 70 and spinner was black with white spiral. The national markings should be similar to those worn by Fw 190 A8s produced during the Summer of 1944 - B3 800mm black and white Balkenkreuze and H2a black and white outline Hakenkreuze on fuselage; B6 910mm white outline Balkenkreuze on upper wings and B3 900mm black and white on lower wings.
This Dora had five-piece gun cowl with small round bulge on rear in the high position (Eagle Editions produce it in resin as EP#41-32) and early small treaded 380x180 tail wheel, you can use EP#52-32 as Hasegawa's one piece tire and yoke would suit a 1:72 kit, but isn't a good idea for a 1:32 kit.

Thanks a lot for that great info! Do you mean the defence of the Reich band was crudely painted or the IV. Gruppe marking?

EDIT: Cockpit and engine underside piece finished last night, pics up today at some point.

Thanks a lot for that great info! Do you mean the defence of the Reich band was crudely painted or the IV. Gruppe marking?

EDIT: Cockpit and engine underside piece finished last night, pics up today at some point.

The IV.Gruppe welle (wave).
If you need any walkaround type photos, don't bother to ask, I have most of published books about Dora.

Ah sh*t Cory, that's a darn shame. You've still got 5 weeks, so there might be a chance. But don't go rushing it, or ignoring your other work.

Yeah I have like 6 projects all due later this month so I don't know if I'll really have time to finish it. I'm basically done construction, but I have to paint it yet and the temp's just brutal here for this time of year.

Yep, certainly doesn't help with cold temps. We're nowhere near as bad as your place, but the temp dropped again these last couple of days, to around minus 4, which is bl**dy cold for this time of year in England, especially after a short spell of warmer, more seasonal weather. Anyway, if you can get some work done on the 190, that'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back