Done : Fw190D-9 14./JG 26, IV Gruppe of Oblt. Hans Dortenmann Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Get your school work etc done first mate. BUT, even if the model isn't finished by the closing date, enter it anyway, as it is at that time. It'll still be part of the build, as you've certainly partaken and joined in 'the spirit of the thing', so it'd be a shame not to include it anyway.
That also goes for anyone else who thinks they won't be finished on time. OK, your model(s) won't be in the winning categories, but they'll be there, which is the main thing.
Remember, this is probably the FIRST TIME this sort of thing has happened, especially on a world-wide scale, and it's happening HERE!
Personally, I think the efforts, mutual support, help and encouragement have been outstanding, and I for one can see improvements as the builds progress. with the shared knowledge on history and background benefitting all.
Well done so far to all concerned, competitors, advisors and critics!
Terry.

So here's where we stand:

As I went through I made sure to take pictures of the progress, but I never posted them for some reason. Don't ask me why, probably was just being lazy haha.

Cockpit:

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0689.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

Engine underside thingamajigger:

DSCN0691.jpg

Fuselage together and filled (well, hopefully filled properly haha):

DSCN0692.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb

[ATTACH=full]399389[/ATTACH]

I have everything ready for painting I think, which will be the yellow first. Maybe I will get some painting done tomorrow, if not certainly next week at some point. I'm gonna go play some hockey, so I'll post the final pictures of my 1/48th Dora later on today!

Attachments

• DSCN0694.jpg
    DSCN0694.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 25
Doing ace catch, I'd run a light primer spray or brush stroke on the tail wing seam, want to make sure its ready before going to the spray booth. Keep going!

That a boy, I know your way more experienced then me but i've been pretty seam anal on my last 3 kits because it really does ruin a good paint job. Never trust the eye either, prime it! Primer also helps you too by filling it in, and if the seam is still there you can fix it without ruining anything. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back