Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nothing wrong with what you have done man! There are different ways, you've tried one......down the track you might use exactly the same method again because it suits the model you are doing!

Only on the first couple though. Check your refs first, but most pics I've seen of Jumo exhausts show them getting 'blacker' towards the rear. This would be particularly pertinent with poorer quality fuel towards the end of the war, the use of which is apparent in the number of accounts that mention problems with engine starting on the Dora.
But Dan's right; a very light dry-brushing of a 'rust' or brown tone will make a difference, or a bit of pastel.

Cheers chaps, means alot to me! :oops: Was really bummed earlier the way it turned out. Anyhoo, kicked and thought to myself, "what ye expect after 20 odd years?"...
As for the exhausts, they were all black earlier, but I mixed up a rust colour to use, will do it again...

Sorry for the cr*ppy quality of the last two, will try again! :oops:

DSCF0009-17.jpg

DSCF0016-5.jpg

DSCF0015-8.jpg

DSCF0021-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back