Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm going to need to study up on the airbrush because we basically have to have it on full pressure the whole time and can't do anything fine. If it's camo like on the Corsair, which is large and defined, it's not an issue, but mottling? Forget it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You should still be able to manage Cory. I haven't yet got a pressure regulator on my compressor, so I'm in the same boat. You can practice on something first, just trying to mist on the mottle, building it up, using a slightly lighter shade of colour than the required finished shade. If you have problems with it 'splattering', or similar, try uising a hand-held card mask. Cut a few iregular small holes in a piece of thin, but stiff card, spacing them well apart. Hold the card varying distances from the surface to be painted, and spray through the mask. You should get different effects of mottle, and feathering. Worth a try if you can't go straight to the surface to be painted.

Thanks Wojtek!

Thanks for the tips Terry, I'll give that a go. I DO have a pressure regulator on mine, which kinda bothers me. I just want to be able to do the model justice.

Just hang in there Cory, buddy! One of the joys of Acrylics....water paint doesn't stench up the place! I have a piece of paper on hand most of the time, that way when I've got some paint left I practice mottling and those thin misty lines in some camouflages....sweaty stuff! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back