Done : Oblt. Klaus Faber, Fw190D-9 "Red 13", JV44 Gruppe Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now, is the part on the top of the canopy and towards the windscreen part of the frame and should be painted or....?

DSCF0002-26.jpg

DSCF0021-4.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

The short 'strip', near the front edge on top of the canopy, was a 'piano' hinge, which allowed the canopy to flex when slid back, as the runners kept the bottom frame of the canopy close to the fuselage. Behind this, almost in the centre of the canopy, is the small, triangular 'hump'. This was the fairlead opening for the pulley that held the radio antenna wire under tension. The outline of the latter should be painted. The 'hinge' may well have been coated metal, with the plexiglass/Perspex visible, but looks dark in photos, so it is acceptable to paint this. About two weeks ago, Wojtek posted some excellent drawings/diagrams, showing the arrangement of these, and the construction of this canopy and it's runner system, as well as the 'blown' hood. Problem is, I can't remember which thread it was in!!
I think the set-up is visible in the pics of my Dora, and might just show the internal end of the antenna wire, running back under the canopy.

Cheers lads, much appreciated!
Dan, Brother, I left it unpainted until I could find pics of it painted....

Edit: Found a pic of 13 in my JV44 book, guess what.... it's painted green!

Time to get some practice protecting Wayne's 262, eh? 8) :lol:

Of course I do Brother...!!!

Just wanted to make sure that.....the book....hmmm....was....eeehh....a dependable source for this, I KNOW that you are!

Not happy with the exhaust stain....next time, pastels!

Behold the utter, monumental, astronomical, the biblical failure....part I. :( :oops: :lol:

DSCF0001-29.jpg

DSCF0002-28.jpg

DSCF0004-24.jpg

As I aid before.....next time, PASTELS!

Cheers Wayne! Learned it the hard way...:lol: Oh well....first kits after 20+ years! Get another JV44 13 and try the Eduard Dora-9 when that comes....:lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back