Fw 190A-8 'Heinz Bär' Kdr ll/JG26, Apr 1944 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys. I was dry fitting the fuselague and it was then i realised how small this little beauty with be. :lol:

Progress pictures, its hard to tell but I finely dry brushed the interior detail in the cockpit tub and now the stick just needs a paint. Would the hand grip be black or brown in colour?

Also the 2nd coat of interior colour has lifted the cockpit walls and landing gear wells. Painted the prop, shoddy picture but gives you the general idea.

Finally we have the wooden base which I'll do something with to display the model on. Any suggestions on that? Grass, concrete...?

Cheers guys :)

Attachments

• groupbuild4.jpg
    groupbuild4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 88
  • groupbuild5.jpg
    groupbuild5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 86
  • groupbuild2.jpg
    groupbuild2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 84
  • groupbuild3.jpg
    groupbuild3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 86
  • groupbuildbase.jpg
    groupbuildbase.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 78
It's all about the exterior paint Wayne :D .Looks good Heinz and thin coats the best way to go.Kevin

Looks good!

As for the hand grip, in my book Walk Around Fw 190D (I know it's not an A, but I don't see why it would be different), it has the base covering as leather, middle part of the stick white, and the hand grip black.

Looking good Alex. Yes, the grip on the control column was clad in a textured, rubber/ fabric material, and should be semi-matt black. The 'stick' itself is grey 66. I've seen reference to a white portion, on the lower half, but all photos I've ever seen show the stick all one colour. The gaiter around the base is either black rubber, or canvas/leather coloured.

Nice progress so far Heinz! For the base, used boards from coffee stirrers swiped from McDonalds and that grass powder stuff. I made a base for a Polikarpov I-16, I used some finely chopped coriander for my grass, it didn't really work! :lol:

I-1613.gif

Looks good Muller!

Ok fellas, here's what I scanned from my book. Photobucket shrunk it on me, but I think you'll still be able to see the joystick well enough. If the mods don't object, I can attach the full picture, it would be large though.

joystickDora.png

The top handle part down is black, though the top looks somewhat faded. Then there's the white bottom portion, followed by the brown (perhaps leather?) base.

Darn! The Tamiya instructions call out white for that part, but I didn't believe it! And the darn thing is in and set now! Having said that, I was working off pics of a FW190A cockpit, and my memories of a FW control column I once had. The 'gaiter' on the base of the column in that shot would appear to be rubber, like you used to see on car gear shifts. It's probably been black, but faded to brown/grey.
Just thought, it's possible that that particular 'white' stick is a one-off, and maybe Tamiya used that shot for reference?
Or, of course, it could have been a special aircraft, used by a blind pilot!!!

Darn! The Tamiya instructions call out white for that part, but I didn't believe it! And the darn thing is in and set now! Having said that, I was working off pics of a FW190A cockpit, and my memories of a FW control column I once had. The 'gaiter' on the base of the column in that shot would appear to be rubber, like you used to see on car gear shifts. It's probably been black, but faded to brown/grey.
Just thought, it's possible that that particular 'white' stick is a one-off, and maybe Tamiya used that shot for reference?

The white just doesn't look quite right....?

Hey guys we now have something resembling a 190.

Fit wasn't fantastic with the wings and fuselage and some filling at the wing roots was needed. Other than that it went together pretty well.

Front machine gun cowling needs some attention I noticed in the photos though.

I thought I was going crazy at one point tonight, managed to throw the machine gun cowling into my bin :oops: Found it in the end as you can see :lol:

Cheers.

Attachments

• groupbuild10.jpg
    groupbuild10.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 75
  • groupbuild9.jpg
    groupbuild9.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 68
  • groupbuild8.jpg
    groupbuild8.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 83
  • groupbuild7.jpg