Fw 190A-8 'Heinz Bär' Kdr ll/JG26, Apr 1944 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Too true rochie, I managed to line up the start on the spiral right on the tip of the spinner but the bugger just wouldnt settle down. Even with some decal softner, when it tore I gave up.

Your spinner looks a million bucks rochie, much better than my effort!

Thanks lucky and screamin!

Did a little more today, painted the red band on the rear of the fuselage unfortunately the tape let the red bleed thru slightly so Im a little annoyed. I made sure it was all firmly stuck, but ah well I'll fix that later.

I also made a start on the base with some matchsticks stuck down in an orderly but not neat to get the right affect. The putty is a water based wood filler which I used to build up the ground around the matchsticks.

Cheers.

Attachments

• groupbuild28.jpg
    groupbuild28.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
  • groupbuild27.jpg
    groupbuild27.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 70
  • groupbuild26.jpg
    groupbuild26.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 57
  • groupbuild25.jpg
    groupbuild25.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 59
Great work Alex. That base is going to look grand when it's done. I know it's a bit late, but for future reference, one way of stopping, or at least minimizing, paint bleed, is to 'seal' the edges of the mask with the previous coloaur, thinnly enough not to cause a ridge. The, when you apply the 'new' colour, it can't bleed through. Also, if you are unable to do this, when you apply the 'new' colour, do it away from the edges of the tape with the first strokes; in other words, working inwards between the edges of the masks.

Cheers Terry, I have used a sealing method on my Heinkel Im working on. Where I sealed the tape with some humbrol clear so I could get the sharp splinter style camo.

The red band I actually sprayed as it was a decent match to the decal colour and I didn't fancy chancing the large red decal.

I'll try what you said when I fix it up. Cheers mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back