Done Me262A-1a ‘White 2’ ErprobungsKommando 262 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

some other stuff done, earlier in the week.....

Attachments

• Undercarriage covers_4010.JPG
    Undercarriage covers_4010.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Undercarriage covers painted_4040.JPG
    Undercarriage covers painted_4040.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Undercarriage_4016.JPG
    Undercarriage_4016.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Undercarriage painted_4036.JPG
    Undercarriage painted_4036.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 161
I might be wrong Terry but I am thinking it's foil?

That was my first thought Kevin. I might be wrong, but I think I can just see that 'liquid texture' that some silver paints exhibit when applied to small, enclosed areas. If it is foil, I'd never manage that these days, not with my knackered hands!

There's a very bright duct tape that can be cut and wrapped around the oleo. It's dead-soft and will mar. That's what this looks like.

B*gger! They were right! No way my hands would allow me to wrap that, I think! Used to use it on bigger models years ago, but out of the question now.
Thanks for the explanation Wayne.

The foil...It's delicate and not easy to peel off really small squares or strips but if you're real careful and can place it correctly it scrubs up way better than painting!

Got the remaining decals on today, need to be checked tomorrow for any silvering then maybe I can get the next coat of Gloss over the decals to seal them.

Ok some more pics with the extra decals on...

Attachments

• Decal Wing Stencil _4184.JPG
    Decal Wing Stencil _4184.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Decal Wing Stencil_4185.JPG
    Decal Wing Stencil_4185.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 135
  • Decal Wing Stencil_4186.JPG
    Decal Wing Stencil_4186.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 142
Awesome, you're work continues to amaze me. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been building models and how long did it take you to get the the level of craftmanship you are at now? Been threatening to get back into modelling again one of these days, models are in the cabinet just waiting to be built, but I am the type that seems to need to research everything too much and thus just never get started on this type of stuff.
Keep up the execellent work, and I'm looking forward to the tutorial that was eluded to earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back