Bf 109G-14 U-2 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have found these profiles.The Blue 11 in Operation Bodenplatte book and those two more in a book about Bf109G Mushroom MM Yellow series.They can come in handy.

Attachments

• Bf109G14 U2 blue11_.jpg
    Bf109G14 U2 blue11_.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Bf109G14 U2.jpg
    Bf109G14 U2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Bf109G14 U2_.jpg
    Bf109G14 U2_.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 104
Bill,
Wayne gave you an example of correct scheme for late war G-14.
Profiles from AJ Press' 'Bodenplatte' and Mushroom 'Bf 109 G' books are old and uncorrect, representing knowledge of Luftwaffe camouflage and use of paints from 80's or early 90's. As I know many other works of their authors, I suppose they didn't see any photo of 'Blue 11'.
Moreover, a little answer for Wayne - it doesn't have to be copy, artwork in Bodenplatte book was made by Seweryn Fleischer, who has done some box arts for Czech model manufacturers, f.e. Sword's Bf 109 D, so it is possible he made artwork for Smer.

BTW, I've browsed both books yesterday and nearly all profiles published there are full of errors:mad:

Wayne:

Thanks! I see one problem between the scheme you so kindly sent and the box art. Mine is for Blue 11 and yours is White 6. I wonder if the camo was changed between the two.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Bill G.

As caughtinthemiddle says it's an example of the correct scheme for 78XXXX series aircraft, Bill.

....ah same probable artist for both the book and model explains a lot! Thanks.

Thanks for all of the information! You all are super!

It looks like the RLM 79 is a "patch" on both sides of the fuselage. The upper part of the fuselage is RLM 81. This is looking like a very interesting cammo pattern.

I did get a bit of painting done on the under sides of the wings. Hopefully more later.

I have been working a bit more on the 262.

Bill G.

Attachments

• 109-20.jpg
    109-20.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 77
Just a quick update, but no picture. The 109's paint is too wet yet to move.

I finished the RLM 76 blue underside. The first use seemed thick even for brush work. So I added a fair amount of thinner. Then "Badgered" the heck out of it! The paint flowed beautiful on the fuselage.

Then I painted the RLM 75 gray on the wings and nose. That is what is wet.

Next will be the RLM 74 for the cammo.

The more I look at drawings on the box and those you all have provided. I will be using the RLM 79 But not very much. I am thinking just a light stipple on the sides. It may be a lightened RLM 81.

Bill G.

I know I have been quiet on the build, but I have been working.

Here the cammo on the 109 has started. Still a bunch more to go. I have got to get my paint brush back to work!

Bill G.

Attachments

• 109-30.jpg
    109-30.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 109-31.jpg
    109-31.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back