Italeri Do217J-2 of NJG101 - Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi chaps,

This is still underway, in fact I got a few more little bits and pieces done tonight. I have some much-needed time off over the next three weeks so I will hopefully make some meaningful progress soon!

I have looked at several paint options, cost is the main prohibiting factor - otherwise I would have bought the RLM shades in acrylic and had done with it 8) I have seen several Tamiya-based mixes posted on the web, but do not possess all of the colours required for them. I am hoping to take that advice, and the excellent advice posted on this forum and come up with a bit of a 'homebrew' alternative. I must admit my colour sources aren't the greatest anyway, but with a bit of perseverance I am sure I can come up with the goods ;)

Anyhow, piccies are still on the agenda, as soon as I have something to show, I will stick it up here 8)

Cheers

Rich

Good stuff BT, looking forward to the pics, but the main thing is, take your time on the model. There's no rush, and a little time waiting to do the next bit is better than rushing and making an a**e of it!

Little update, I have done a few more bits, but the weather here in the 'sunny' West Midlands has been appalling ever since I started the build, so I can't get outside and do any spraying - even the garage would be much too cold and damp at the moment, I believe. So I'm parking the Dornier for a month or so until things warm up somewhat - like Terry says, time is, as yet, on my side.

I have all the paint etc for the Hurricane I bought a while back, so I am going to crack on with that and treat it as an experiment in brush painting - if I'm any good I might even decide to brush the Dornier instead :lol: But I'd rather do the Hurri and get a few bits wrong on it than do the Dornier and **** my compo entry up 8)

Well folks, you probably thought this was dead, and so did I, as the dorsal turret had vanished about a month ago. As it happens, it has literally just turned up, and is now safely back in the box 8)

So I will get back to work on this, although I now have a Hurri and Skyhawk lying about unfinished. I'm honestly not sure whether to still put this in the GB or not, as the other two kits show that I am really rusty at this game and need a LOT of practice. Nonetheless, I will finish it. When does the GB end?

Enter it anyway BT, that way, it gives you an incentive, something to focus on, which will help you 'get back into things' again. Doesn't matter if you think it's a heap of cr*p, or if it's the best you've ever done - it's the spirit of the thing, and the joining-in with all the trials and tribulations we all experience. Thing is, this time, it's global, gotta be worth something!
Anyway, entries need to be completed with the final pics posted, by the end of April. You also could do with posting some progress shots when you can.
Thanks mate.

There will be pics before this weekend is out 8) I've just spray primed the fuselage wings, once the fuse is assembled and there is some paint on the bigger bits I will get some pics up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back