Fw 190A-8 'Heinz Bär' Kdr ll/JG26, Apr 1944 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Appreciate the comments guys :)

Did a little this arvo before work (I'll post pictures tomorrow)

Attached the front cooling fan, prop and front cowling together. Had a fit issue with the shaft from the prop being too thick for the cooling fan to fit on. Didn't want to risk snapping the props so I just cut the shaft off and glued it together.

Cheers.

I realise that ..doh ! I've built the kit myself.

...the kit itself is a real dog. Why has nobody pointed that out. Look at the poor rudder shape - very undersized. The cowl/cooler ring is all wrong too - the front of the cowl is far too long and the cowl ring itself too small as I was saying. Not to mention the undercarriage is oversized.

I realise that ..doh ! I've built the kit myself.

...the kit itself is a real dog. Why has nobody pointed that out. Look at the poor rudder shape - very undersized. The cowl/cooler ring is all wrong too - the front of the cowl is far too long and the cowl ring itself too small as I was saying. Not to mention the undercarriage is oversized.

If you assemble the kit where are pics of her? Have you corrected these mistakes you have mentioned above?
Secondly please have a look at the "What on workbench " thread please .You can find there some pics of corrections that have been done to the model so far.What is more there is a sub-section called "Kit review" all info about kits are welcome there the most.:)

..yes I did correct my build - in so far as I could be bothered for a 72nd scale kit (eg new rudder from the Airfix kit ..etc)

the point is there are much better cheaper 72nd scale 190s to build than this one..

..yes I did correct my build - in so far as I could be bothered for a 72nd scale kit (eg new rudder from the Airfix kit ..etc)

the point is there are much better cheaper 72nd scale 190s to build than this one..

So post some pictures please.And I agree there are other better kits , Revell for instnce.

Well after crying myself to sleep for a few nights now over the bad news about the Academy 190 I have now composed myself enough to continue.

Updating with some shots of the prop and cooling fan. Also retouched my handpainted spiral which looks a bit better with a 2nd coat of white.

Attachments

• groupbuild9.jpg
    groupbuild9.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 82
  • groupbuidl10.jpg
    groupbuidl10.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back