Fw 190A-8 'Heinz Bär' Kdr ll/JG26, Apr 1944 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys! :) Yeah he's doing ok Evan, thanks.

Wearing some paint now, no doubt the colours are probably not quite bang on but they will have to do. I've kinda been putting off the painting but now its pretty much done.

My mottling needs to be darker I think and the rudder needs another coat as you can see.

Cheers.

Attachments

• groupbuild1.jpg
    groupbuild1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 81
  • groupbuild2.jpg
    groupbuild2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 78
  • groupbuild3.jpg
    groupbuild3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 92
  • groupbuild4.jpg
    groupbuild4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
Looks good Alex. Remember that the colours will darken when you do the clear coats; I think the mottle looks OK, so I'd be tempted to leave it as is. Just do another coat on the rudder, as you said, and tidy up the red band if you can. Coming along very nicely mate.

Thanks guys.:)

Good point Terry! Dan thanks I'll definately take my time, being 1/72 I can't afford at all to overdue it :lol:

Daniel the spit is a slow build :lol: evetually will be a 79sqd RAAF machine, the often criticised Airfix one with logs for wings :lol:

Cheers guys.

Worked a bit here and there last few days. Reasonably happy with my mottling, considering my tools :lol: Numerous cotton tips, paint thinner and of course paint.

Also dirtied the 190 up only a little, I've tried not to do to much. Should see some markings on it pretty soon once I sort what fiddly bits I can leave till very last.

Cheers.

Attachments

• groupbuild7.jpg
    groupbuild7.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 68
  • groupbuild6.jpg
    groupbuild6.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 72
  • groupbuild5.jpg
    groupbuild5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 69
  • groupbuild8.jpg