**** DONE: MiG 21 PF 'Fishbed D', Moscow District PVO Aviation Fighter Regiment, 1967

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Echs libe dad orcectt! Ruffy translatedish - he's right! Can't feel a thing nowl! Ev'thing's numb, 'cluding me brain!
Think I lash og ot deb now...er..go to back now,,,er bed now! B*ll*cks, think i be drinker than I drunk i was.....
Where's the clutch to stop the bl**dy room from spinning? Shheeet, uncontrolled flat spin....eject, eject!
B*ll*cks! Seat doesn't arm until 125 meters.... I'm only at 0.5 metres!!!!

And back to work!
Got the gun sight and slave unit painted, and one of the side screens fitted. This was made from a piece of thin transparent packaging material. It only took three attempts to cut the shape, and four attempts to fit it !
The SK ejection seat has now completed Stage Three of its preparation, having had the basic paint work done.
PIC 1. Shows the painted gun sight, mounting bracket and slave unit. Some retouching will be done when work in this area is complete.
PIC 2. The first side screen in place. The small gaps are partly filled with PVA, some of which is visible here, still drying. More will be added when the firsat lot has hardened and, once done, and the screen fitted to the other side, the bottoms and forward edges will be painted to blend in with the armoured glass screen and instrument coaming.
PIC 3. The ejection seat so far. The seat squab was cut from the kit back rest, and the moulded belts filed off, and has been fitted into the seat pan to represent the PSP. On the right of the seat, some copper and lead wire has been fitted to represent the hoses and wires from the PEC, and these will be bent into place and retouched later, along with those areas to be retouched after handling. Next stage here is to make and fit the combined seat / parachute harness, using thick foil, copper and lead wire.
Thanks again for your interest.

Attachments

• MiG 21 180.jpg
    MiG 21 180.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 95
  • MiG 21 182.jpg
    MiG 21 182.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 98
  • MiG 21 173.jpg
    MiG 21 173.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks very much guys.
BB, it's not bare metal - I wish it was, it would have been easier to do! The finish is supposed to be the metallised dope coating of aluminium powder and clear dope varnish. The earlier, first generation MiG 21's were bare metal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back