**** DONE: MiG 21 PF 'Fishbed D', Moscow District PVO Aviation Fighter Regiment, 1967

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Lewis. It still needs some tidying up, and then the harness adding. Hope to get that done by tonight.

The combined harness has been added, with its 'quilted' back pad, made from the foil off my pain killers (!) and lead wire, and is now painted and the seat installed in the cockpit.
Boy, was that fiddly! The foil for some reason decided to be more springy than a springy thing on a spring day in a spring factory!
PICS 1 and 2 show the seat with the harness painted, and awaiting touch up. The paint was still wet when these pics were taken, and the 'quilted' back pad is only just visible here. (the darker brown area).
PICS 3 and 4. The completed seat installed in the cockpit. There's some paint wear due to handling, and this will be re-touched once the model is finished, and the head guard/ arming device has been added, in the 'Up' position. Note also that the port side screen for the armoured glass has yet to be added - another fiddly job to look forward to!
Thanks again for your support and interest, and I hope to have some more pics late on Sunday (away Saturday at Cockpit Fest - whoopee!).

Attachments

• MiG 21 187.jpg
    MiG 21 187.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 79
  • MiG 21 189.jpg
    MiG 21 189.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 82
  • MiG 21 193.jpg
    MiG 21 193.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 81
  • MiG 21 196.jpg
    MiG 21 196.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 79
Thanks very much guys. It does look like a cat's cradle doesn't it? Not as bad as it looks though - just shrug into the harness like putting on a jacket, and fasten the chest and leg straps.
Just don't knock that red haaaaaaannnnndllllle!!!!!

Thanks very much Glenn, David and Tony.
I should have some more pics tonight - been delayed by stiff hands and another vist to the Physio Terrorist !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back