**** DONE: PCM 1/32 Fw190A-1 Brown 1 Oblt.Walter Schneider 6/JG26

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're welcome Gerry, worked on the lower cowling section today trying to reduce the 'step' and blending the shape and angle of the lower cowl panel, more to do yet before it is right and I am satisfied.

looks good Wayne.I did the same thing on the 205 with the CA apply,sand,apply ....it worked out quite well just time consuming.:thumbright:

Smart @sses....:lol:

Ok spent 2 hours today working on carefully reducing the step and smoothing out the lower cowl, the rear section was nearly 1mm higher than the section in front of the plasticard so lots of filing and checking, some super glue, some scrapping....and so on until the 2 areas were blended, not quite finished yet but need to satisfy some of the natives with some pics...:)

the first pic again to show the start and the progress after the 2 hours...

Attachments

• Lower Cowl_4_5695.jpg
    Lower Cowl_4_5695.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Lower Cowl_2_5697.jpg
    Lower Cowl_2_5697.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Lower Cowl_5_5675.jpg
    Lower Cowl_5_5675.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Lower Cowl_1_5674.jpg
    Lower Cowl_1_5674.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 72
  • Lower Cowl_3_5681.jpg
    Lower Cowl_3_5681.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 72
Thanks Karl, usually hit it with some 800 sandpaper to smooth it all out at the end and tidy it all up, then i can see just what if anything still needs to be done. next step is to rescribe the panel line and latches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back