**** DONE: 1/32 Messerchmitt Bf 110D, 6./ZG 76 M8+SP - Me/ Fw Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys!

Jelmer, I didn't really pay attention to them, so I don't really know. I just followed photos and discussions in a different thread, I believe yours.

Now a question to everyone: would it have the bomb rack on the belly? You can't tell from the photo I don't believe.

Cory, you have a good question and I'll need to check my references on what the R1 field mod was for. D-1's were originally supposed to be long range reconnaissance aircraft but only a few 'real' D-1's were made. After that, teh designation was given to any fighter with extended range and D-0's started showing up in loss reports as D-1's. These longer range a/c had provisions made for drop tanks under the wings and an external oil tank carried on the fuselage aft of the wing trailing edge. I don't see evidence of these in the photos. Some D models carried the bomb racks so it's possible yours had it. (Source: Vasco)

Sorry for the wishy washy answer.

Note the comment I made in Jelmer's thread, about the bottles for firing the guns - forgot to mention it earlier.

Great work so far. This is one I'm really looking forward to seeing progressing. At 1/32 she's going to be some big bird when she's finished?

Thanks guys!

Got some Lichtblau on, actually had to sand some off and respray as a bunch of crap got underneath! Will be doing one of the top colours today. Kind of got carried away with construction! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back