**** DONE: PCM 1/32 Fw190A-1 Brown 1 Oblt.Walter Schneider 6/JG26

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spent time again today filing, sanding and rescribing various points, then got distracted with some of my Mum's affairs so pics will have to wait till tomorrow guys...

Ok, some pics of the rear area where the wing joins the fuselage, before and after...got almost all the filling, filing, sanding and rescribing done now. Also redid a few seams that I wasn't happy with too.

Attachments

• Wing-Fuselage Join-5640.jpg
    Wing-Fuselage Join-5640.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Wing-Fuselage Join_5712.jpg
    Wing-Fuselage Join_5712.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Wing-fuselage join_5719.jpg
    Wing-fuselage join_5719.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 86
Outside of the laborious task of filing and sanding, I detect that Zap-a-Gap came to the rescue. Very nicely executed Wayne.

Thanks for your comments guys!

Ok the horizontal stabilisers are on and finished, also for those that don't know the upper rear fuselage had a slightly offset panel line that is not often seen but i decided to add it...

Attachments

• Horizontal Stab Done_5752.jpg
    Horizontal Stab Done_5752.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Horizontal Stab done_5756.jpg
    Horizontal Stab done_5756.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Rear fuselage Panel Line_5762.jpg
    Rear fuselage Panel Line_5762.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Rear Fuselage panel Line_5765.jpg
    Rear Fuselage panel Line_5765.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 101
Nice Wayne. Question: what did you use for a straight edge when scribing that line and how did you hold it securely on that curved surface?

A short piece of Plasticard about 60mm x 5mm, I stuck some rolled strips of blutak along the curve and settled the plasticard into it and lightly scribed the line with one of my small cutting saws that I use for panel lines.

Very nice Wayne and I'm intrigued by your scribing method, I'm a Dymo tape man myself but that's because all the rolls I have came free a long time ago. :p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back