**** DONE: RNZAF captured A6M3 - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

(btw, it's RNZAF :) )

I realized I had failed to put the Royal on as soon as I posted the thing......
A mod would have to change it for me unfortunately.

I have done the major shaping on one tip. Some filling with Mr Surfacer and this morning used my bondo tube to finish filling some placces the Mr S shrunk in to. Post tonight after work and I finish sand and prime.

Well one tip done..... now to see if I can duplicate it on Used electrical the other side.........
Stacked PVC pieces, then used electrical tape to protect the rest of the wing during heavy duty filing.
Used Mr Surfacer to fill the little cracks and gaps, then my bondo paste to finish and sanded both sides.
Then primed...... Not too bad, am happy, I think?

Attachments

• NZ Zero4a.jpg
    NZ Zero4a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 80
  • NZ Zero4b.jpg
    NZ Zero4b.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 82
  • NZ Zero4c.jpg
    NZ Zero4c.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 80
  • NZ Zero4d.jpg
    NZ Zero4d.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 87
  • NZ Zero4e.jpg
    NZ Zero4e.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 78
Great work Bill!

Re the RNZAF, did you know when it was founded (in 1923) it was originally called the NZPAF (New Zealand Permanent Air Force)? It only became the 'Royal New Zealand Air Force' in 1937.
(Cheers too Chris for correcting the title, small point but important!)

Sir????????? Now common........ Just Plane Bill!
Intersting how the services kept changing names. RFC to RAF and so on....

I may start overall painting on this bird tomorrow. The cockpit is cursory, canopy will be closed, going for exterior appearance. Had to shim the wings at the fusey. The sprue connections were right at the seam point. In cleaning them off it got a little ragged and in order to smooth it it opened a bit. So tonight I will glue the whole thing together and give it some paint in the morning..... I sailor on.

Attachments

• NZ Zero5.jpg
    NZ Zero5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 76
  • NZ Zero5a.jpg
    NZ Zero5a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back