**** DONE: Spitfire Mk IXc - James Edgar " Johnnie" Johnson - Aircraft of the Aces GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Red crow bar? What red crow bar? But seriously, thanks for the heads up. Cockpit done and fuselage going together.
100_0971_640x480.JPG

LOL had me checking my eyes there for a minute Terry!

Making some good progress there Bruce!

Here are a couple of update shots. The bulk of the fuselage is done. There were a couple of rather minor seams to fill and sand at top and bottom but nothing bad. Now it's on to the wings.

100_0972_640x480.JPG
100_0973_640x480.JPG

It's getting there. The big bits are done ( a little sanding and touch-up to do) and now it's time for all the little detail parts.

100_0974_640x480.JPG
100_0975_640x480.JPG

Looking good Bruce. I look to Terry to confirm but I think Johnson's MK392 had the Merlin 66 and therefore did not have the small teardrop blister on the starboard cowl just behind the prop. If true, and you care, it's easily removed with a file.

Andy and Terry, Thanks for the info. You guys are a goldmine of useful knowledge. That blister shall disappear tonight, and thanks everyone for their kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back