**** DONE: XF-85 Goblin. Parasite Fighter Prototype. Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone! I love it when a project gets to this stag when I really starts looking like you'll finish!

I did the last of the airbrush work on the Goblin (Not including the trolley which I still haven't started)

Picture 1) Masking for the anti-glare panel and tail tips. I know I'm paranoid about over spray, but I've had a few ugly experiences with it.
Picture 2) painted and masking removed.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with over masking Glenn, overspray can be a killer and look at your results because of the extra caution, absolutely stunning. Good one mate.

Last edited:
That looks superb Glenn ! I notice in the photo behind the model, that it has darker fin tips. Did they change the colours around? Looks like they might be 'Day Glo' red or orange, or Arctic Red. Just interested.

That looks superb Glenn ! I notice in the photo behind the model, that it has darker fin tips. Did they change the colours around? Looks like they might be 'Day Glo' red or orange, or Arctic Red. Just interested.

I knew I should have taken that picture before I took the picture! The pic in the background is one I took last winter at the Air Force Museum and printed up to help me with the decals, that is until I realized the decals and the kit instructions did not match it. Originally it had white tail tips not black as it does today, and the star bar on the fuselage was smaller and did not cross the red line.The plane must have been repainted at some point because the kit matches the period photos I have (See below)

Last edited:
Thanks Glenn. I thought that might have been the case. Another question; the flight suit shown in the colour pic - would that have been the same type, and colour, as used by Sabre pilots in Korea?
I need to finish off my Sabre, with the pilot standing next to it, and can't determine exaxctly what the style or colour was from B&W pics I have.

Users who are viewing this thread